- 11 December 2005
- No. 8.982 (cartoon)
- You cant love me, can you?
The question provides the answer.
- 12 December 2005
- John Lennon died four days and two-and-a-half decades ago. Too bad hes not still around; theres a very good chance hed still be doing good work. On the other hand, dying young is generally a good career move; sometimes I wish Id thought of it. In any case, its probably just as well that Lennon never lived long enough to see his image used to peddle consumer electronics.
- 13 December 2005
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, acting in his current role as the governor of California, yesterday issued a surprising and terse statement in response to a prison inmates request for clemency.
STATEMENT OF DECISION
DATED: December 12, 2005
Based on the totality of circumstances in this case, Williams request for clemency is denied. Terminate him.
Hasta la vista, baby!
Governor of the State of California
- State executioners killed Stanley Williams this morning. They strapped him down and put him to death, just like in the movies.
- 14 December 2005
- Unamazing Dog Story
- Joan was ecstatic when her dog returned after being missing for nearly a day.
Isnt it amazing how dogs always find their way home when theyre lost? she exclaimed.
Not really, I replied, it just means you didnt dump it far enough away.
Bite the bad man, Joan commanded her worthless dog.
Fortunately, the dog was too stupid to understand, or perhaps just too lazy to obey.
- 15 December 2005
- Heaven Is Not As I Remembered It
- Deirdre and I spent ages deciding which film to watch. Finally, we decided to see Diane Keatons Heaven, one of the best films Ive ever seen. I didnt want to watch it again, but did because it was was the only film on which we could agree.
I didnt want to see it again because I enjoyed it so much the last time I viewed it at the Jacques Cousteau Theatre. I figured it wouldnt be as enjoyable five years later. Unfortunately, I figured right.
Keaton worked in color; I thought she didnt. For a chromophobe like myself, thats problematical. Nevertheless, there were lots of good bits, but I now dont regard Heaven as one of the very best films Ive ever seen.
I should have known better. (I wish I didnt say that so often.)
- 16 December 2005
- Putting the Sicko into Sycophant
- The Binky girls are performing tonight, so I called Windy to volunteer my assistance.
She declined, and said Olga was providing all the help they needed.
But Im a sycophant! I protested.
You try, Windy corrected, but Olga really puts the sicko into sycophant!
Note to self: must try harder.
last weak |
©2005 David Glenn Rinehart