- 9 October 2006
- No. 9,847 (cartoon)
- Youre loathsome.
Because I loathe you?
- 10 October 2006
- Slow on the Draw
- Cecilia Rhodes of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, wrote to inform me that my so-called sketches arent sketches at all.
If you call yourself an artist, mister, she added, then by God youd better be able to draw.
I can draw, but not very fast. Thats because I generally carry my Glock hidden inside my jacket rather than in a holster. For that and many other reasons, I shall avoid a showdown with Cecilia Rhodes of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.
- 11 October 2006
- Randall was, as usual, complaining about his despotic boss and wretched existence at his workplace.
Choose a job you love, I advised, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Dont give me that Confucius crap, Randall replied sullenly.
What are you talking about? I asked.
It turns out that the job-you-love quote came from Confucius, not the some junkie source from whom I stole the line.
I really must be more careful about the people I plagiarize. Its a sad day indeed when one cant steal from a junkie.
- 12 October 2006
- Rebeccas Mess
- Rebecca is messed up; Rebecca is all messed up. I know this to be true, for she told me so herself. She also asked me for advice.
Take the spider by the tail and looks facts in the eye, I suggested.
Im so messed up that almost makes sense, Rebecca replied sadly.
Rebecca really is all messed up.
- 13 October 2006
- Sheilas Demurral
- Sheila cited Nietzsche when she declined my outrageous proposition: What kills us makes us weaker.
Nietzsche never said that, of course. But since thats a better line than Nietzsche ever came up with, I graciously accepted Sheilas demurral.
I wonder wholl help me spread the beastly pumpkin disease?
- 14 October 2006
- Insane or Genius?
- After Marcus gave me the details of his latest scam, I opined that he was genuinely insane.
Insane or genius? Marcus replied. I suppose its a matter of whether or not one succeeds.
Who could argue with that?
last weak |
©2006 David Glenn Rinehart