- 5 March 1997
- Procrustes Bread
- I was originally going to make this piece with baguettes, but never got around to it. The twin bagels and a muffin worked well enough.
The idea is the thing.
- 6 March 1997
- Encrypted Message
- This paragraph is encrypted using a complex algorithm developed here in my secret mountain laboratory. You might be able to decipher it with enough time and computing power, but I don't think the results would be worth it.
- 7 March 1997
- Half Millennium Pillow Talk
- I spent the night in a five hundred year old farm house. As I was going to sleep, I wondered aloud how many people had been born, lived, and died here.
"I don't think the bed's that old," she replied.
It's generally not a good idea to wonder aloud.
- 8 March 1997
- Pictures Mothers Like
- Occasionally Ali makes nice picture for her mother ... the kind mothers like. I used to do that too, although at the time I'd confused pictures mothers like with art. My mother sometimes asks me why I don't still make nice pictures like that; she has yet to receive a satisfactory explanation.
Maybe I should make an occasional pretty picture; I had fun making one for Ali's mother. It was easy, and I didn't get a headache.
- 9 March 1997
- Iwk Sremab!
- Tooga hesp imoz smeovch. Iwk sremab! Ekrig narbov cleedadawd rekka yzhalquw pogedjash timsoji eacpurwad drennarde. Nyhsk oxuntle ni swondik ekrig nypring shewap efripp.
- 10 March 1997
- I woke up this morning that something exciting was going to happen. I waited all day, but nothing happened at all. I suppose I shouldn't have waited.
- 11 March 1997
- Mysterious Tiny Brown Spot
- There's a mysterious tiny brown spot in the bottom of my whiskey glass. (My whiskey glass is shaped like a small hollow fowl; ideally a turkey. It looks nothing like my whisky glass, which is stout and cylindrical.)
My whiskey glass has a small dimple in the bottom that allows half a drop to remain; by the morning it has dried into a tiny brown spot, maybe a millimeter in diameter. I never thought much about it until tonight, when I was too lazy to clean the glass. I swished a bit a beer into the whiskey glass to rinse it out, but the brown spot didn't dissolve, even after a few hours. It was very strange.
I wonder what's in my whiskey that won't dissolve? Who cares? The question, like the mysterious tiny brown spot, is insoluble.
last week |
©1997 David Glenn Rinehart