- 20 August 2004
- No. 3,799 (cartoon)
- This must end.
It never began.
- 21 August 2004
- 12:00/13:00 20 August 2004
- Yesterday I made two photographs of the same subject exactly one hour apart then combined the results into one image. I enjoyed the empty exercise; it smelled like art.
- 22 August 2004
- Beats Me
- Wonder or wander? Wander or wonder? Wonder or wander? Wander or wonder?
- 23 August 2004
- Pleasant Whatever
- Joe moved to Pleasantville, Pleasanton, Pleasant Valley, Pleasant wherever. Its one of those places no one ever goes.
- 24 August 2004
- Ocular Denial
- For over a year Ive been trying to ignore the fact that I cant focus clearly on very small objects. More than one of my learned friends ascribed this condition to aging; I ignored their preposterous remarks. Recently, however, Dr. Wahlberg informed me that inexpensive tests at a local university could identify a variety of sneaky ailments that could blind me.
Youre an idiot if you dont take care of your eyes, he added supportively.
I took his counsel, and had my eyes checked out today. After a thorough examination, the doctor opined that my eyes were healthy. He added that Id need a cheap pair of reading glasses if I needed to thread needles. Since I dont sew, Im looking forward to at least a couple more years of ocular denial.
- 25 August 2004
- Some dancers asked me to photograph their performance of Hymenoptera, so I did. Because Im a nice guy. (I pooh-poohed Daniels absurd suggestion that I was only there to photograph attractive women in various states of suspension.)
Dance photography may be bifurcated between dance staged for the camera and documentation of performances. I prefer the former, so Im not particularly pleased with the documentary photographs I made. Life can be that way.
Having said that, I appreciated a brilliant performance.
- 26 August 2004
- Too Happy to Sleep
- Its three in the morning, and Im too happy to sleep. Why cant every night be like this?
- 27 August 2004
- Photo Templates
- A photo lab near here offers Photo Templates. I appreciated the honest approach to formulaic imagery. It reminds me of what my dear friend Morrie wrote about Richard Avedons predictably predictable and repetitiously redundant photographs.
last weak |
©2004 David Glenn Rinehart