- 16 October 2004
- No. 3,063 (cartoon)
- How can you tell me that you hate me?
In three words.
- 17 October 2004
- Burritos (Not) Bigger Than a Baby
- Linettes son Julian decided he was ready to leave the womb a few weeks ahead of the usual biological schedule, so out he came. Plop, into the world, and that was that.
I showed up for the unveiling of the little critter with a couple of burritos from one of my favorite taquerias, Burritos Bigger Than a Baby. It turns out that the the burritos werent bigger than a baby, not even a premature one.
- 18 October 2004
- Straightsexyhair Shampoo
- I was visiting Astrid when I noticed she had a bottle of straightsexyhair shampoo in her bathroom.
Astrid, I said, why is a nice lesbian like you using straightsexyhair shampoo?
Shut up, she explained.
- 19 October 2004
- No Drum Solos
- I was practicing with my band the other day when a studio visitor asked me why we had Drum solos are never a good ideapainted on the wall.
You cant be too careful, I replied.
- 20 October 2004
- Rosies Next Novel
- Rosie told me shes writing another novel. Her creation will, of course, be another book no ones ever read. I didnt mention this to Rosie, but one can purchase a very good novel almost no ones ever read for a dollar or two. Why people bother to create; this makes no sense whatsoever.
- 21 October 2004
- Members of the city council of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California, have banned new art galleries from opening. The sleepy city already has some one hundred and twenty so-called art galleries; thats roughly one gallery for every thirty-four residents. The pretentious venues mostly feature wretched dreck designed to appeal to people with more money than brains.
Even though I loathe mediocre art, I nevertheless think the ban is a bad move. Freedom of speech is almost always a good idea, and even atrocious art has its place in the aestheticsphere. The more horrific art I see, the more I appreciate good work on those rare occasions when I find it.
last weak |
©2004 David Glenn Rinehart