- 3 December 2004
- No. 8,135 (cartoon)
- Ill never let you go.
Masochism becomes you.
- 4 December 2004
- Les Art
- Les told me hes opening a gallery with the eponymic name, Les Art. Hes come up with a great marketing strategy, Art for people who love art, art for people who hate art.
Les Art is more. More of what, this I do not know.
- 5 December 2004
- Problematical Choctaw
- Sean told told me that the Choctaw language has two past tenses, one for referring to information that is definitely true, and the other for unconfirmed beliefs. Or something like that. Im glad I speak a language that allows me to mix facts, opinions, and lies with impunity.
- 6 December 2004
- Creative Fabrications
- When I asked Randy what he was making these days, he said he was busy making excuses why he wasnt making art. I admitted that making fabrications about why I wasnt more productive occupied much of my time as well. We had a miserable conversation without any pretext of aesthetic successes.
- 7 December 2004
- Interesting Numbers
- Stuart asked me if Id heard about the problem with the number one hundred and thirty-seven. He went on to explain that it has something to do with the charge of the electron, the speed of light, and Plancks constant. (Or something like that; I didnt take very good notes.) I told him Ive never had a problem with that number, nor is it of much personal interest.
On the other hand, when Miss Conduct mentioned eleventy-kerjillion little fly eggs, I immediately recognized this as a number of personal significance.
- 8 December 2004
- An Inexplicable Semantic Discovery
- I just learned about the word concupiscence. That should be one of the most common words in the English language, right up there with the pronouns, so I cant believe its taken me this many decades to discover it.
The word, that is.
- 9 December 2004
- Whr Ill Remember
- Mariannes one of those ephemeral people with whom I correspond without ever seeing. Phantoms appear and phantoms go, but Ill always remember Marianne because she showed me the contraction for whether, whr. The contraction is three characters shorter than the original, so this time-saving tool will allow me to be even more indolent than I was before.
Another day, another word, nice!
- 10 December 2004
- Acceptably Disheveled
- Persephone didnt want to go out because she said she was too disheveled. I finally convinced her to join me by persuasively arguing that she looks better when shes disheveled than most people do when theyre completely heveled.
last weak |
©2004 David Glenn Rinehart