- 30 October 2006
- No. 3,153 (cartoon)
- Im not fit to sleep with swine.
Thats not true; you certainly are.
- 31 October 2006
- Tricks With Guns
- Oh dear, nine people were shot during this years Halloween debauchery in San Francisco. I think its wonderful that people are enjoying this delightfully pagan holiday, but I think some people are taking the trick-or-treat bits too seriously. Im looking forward to more treats and fewer tricks next year, but one day really doesnt matter much in the context of the greater statisticsphere. After all, every day is Halloween in San Francisco.
- 1 November 2006
- A Curious Necrology
- I received a mailing from Greenpeace that noted the demise of someone I never knew when I worked with that curious organization. Ill remember the notice because its one of the best obituaries Ill ever read.
David Kamlish passed away in Thailand on or about October 26, 2006. About five years ago he moved to Pattaya, Thailand, where he continued his lively pursuit of young women and cultural understanding.
- The curious necrology reminded me of flying to Thailand with Beryl toward the end of the last millennium. She transformed a routine flight into a creepy experience by asking if Id wondered which of our fellow passengers were sex tourists.
- 2 November 2006
- Valeries Autobiomythography
- Over lunch, Valerie mentioned in passing that shes working on her autobiomythography. Or it may have been someone elses autobiomythography; I cant remember. I was so excited at learning a new word that I forgot the details.
- 3 November 2006
- Scandalous Methamphetamine Massages
- Oh dear, a conservative religious fanatic resigned his lucrative post at a profitable religious corporation after admitting that he engaged in activities that were inconsistent with his rants. The man of the cloth, who raises lots of money from xenophobes by railing against homosexual unions, is in fact not so narrow-minded in his private life. A male prostitute reports that the zealot has regularly paid him for methamphetamine and sex for three years.
And this is where the story becomes ambiguous. The bigot admitted to buying drugs from the accuser, but claimed the man only gave him massages. I suppose its a matter of what was massaged and how, but those are details I dont need to know. For now, its enough to enjoy the schadenfreude of another hateful hypocrite getting his comeuppance.
- 4 November 2006
- A Spam Omelette Speaks for Itself
- Noreen invited me to join her and a few friends at Peters Cafe in Millbrae, a nondescript municipality south of San Franciscos airport. Even though the restaurant was geographically close, I knew from the bottles of ketchup (catsup?) on every formica table that I was back in the United States.
With glee and wonder, I pointed out to Noreen that the Aloha Sunrise portion of the menu featured delicacies such a spam omelette, topped with brown gravy.
(Hawaiians eat more spam per capita than any other Americans, hence the Aloha reference.)
Youre going to snigger about this with all your hoity-toity San Francisco, arent you? Noreen asked rhetorically.
Sort of, I admitted. Theres not really much to say, though; a spam omelette in brown gravy more or less speaks for itself.
last weak |
©2006 David Glenn Rinehart