- 28 August 2007
- No. 5,587 (cartoon)
- Why cant you stop hurting me?
Because I really havent started.
- 29 August 2007
- Locked Up by the Gills?
- I read that a seven-year old girl named Alisha [no surname provided] foiled a robbery by telling the thief accosting her mother at a gas station to, back away, back away, man. Alisha chased the armed robber, but he got away. And a good thing for him, too, for Alisha had some harsh punishment in mind.
He should be locked up by his gills, she declared, and towed to the police.
- 30 August 2007
- Quoting Beulah
- I was talking with my mother this afternoon about this, that, and the other thing, when she remarked, In a hundred years no one will know the difference. I told her I liked that line, and was surprised to learn that she was quoting Beulah, her mother and my grandmother.
How bout them apples? I remember Beulah using that phrase frequently, and another one as well.
Youre a good boy, shed often say to me, and when I find out what youre good for Ill let you know.
Unfortunately, she went to her grave without ever telling me.
- 31 August 2007
- More than a Clever Title
- Ive been reading a number of reviews of Marcus Chowns book, The Never-Ending Days of Being Dead. I love the brilliant title, but cant figure out what the volumes about after reading half a dozen assessments. This could be one of those unusual circumstances where I may actually need to read the book.
- 1 September 2007
- Fionas Liquidity Event
- At first, I didnt understand what Willy meant when he said he was going to Fionas liquidity event. Willy then told me that Fiona explained, You can marry more money in a day than you can earn in a lifetime.
Fiona sounds like a real sweetheart, I opined.
Well, at least shes not innumerate, Willy replied. Its a practical wedding, and Im going there because theyre serving enough salmon to choke a blue whale.
I decided to have a liquidity event of my own, and grabbed a couple of cans of Rainier Ale from the refrigerator.
- 2 September 2007
- A Mignon Fogarty Smile
- Ive been listening to Grammar Girls Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing for some time. The broadcasts havent noticeably helped my grammar, but thats not why I listen to them. I know that Grammar Girls real name is Mignon Fogarty, and just thinking about the name, Mignon Fogarty, makes me smile.
Mignon Fogarty, Mignon Fogarty, Mignon Fogarty, try it!
last weak |
©2007 David Glenn Rinehart